AIS Chairmans Scholarship
Provided by: AIS
Provided by: AIS
Value: Full course fee and resource fee coverage for 3 years Bachelors Degree
Tenure: 3 years
With an AIS Chairman’s Scholarship, if you are eligible, you could have a 3-year Bachelor’s degree paid for entirely.
For more information speak to your careers advisor or visit: www.ais.ac.nz/scholarship
All students nominated for the scholarship must be:
1. New Zealand Citizens or permanent residents.
2. Nominated by a secondary school .
3. Aged 17 or above.
1. Academic requirements:
Bachelor of International Business
A minimum of 14 NCEA credits in each of 3 subjects at Level 3, and a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher and a minimum of literacy credits at Level 2 or higher and a minimum of 8 literacy credits at Level 2 or higher.
Bachelor of Information Technology
A minimum of 14 NCEA credits in each of 3 subjects at Level 3, and a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher, and a minimum of 8 literacy credits at level 2 or higher.
Bachelor of Tourism Management
A minimum of 14 NCEA credits in each of 3 subject at Level 3, and a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher, and a minimum of 8 credits at Level 2 or higher.
Bachelor of Hospitality Management
A minimum of 14 NCEA credits in each of 3 subjects at Level 3, and a minimum of 14 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher, and a minimum of 8 credits at Level 2 or higher.
School and Community Involvement
References will be required from both the School and Community; Church, Sports clubs or any other group or community organisation nominated by the candidate’s high school counsellor or representative and may include the following.
• Cultural involvement
• Sport involvement
• School student leadership (EG peer mentoring)
• Community service involvement
Applicants will need to provide evidence of their involvement in any activity within or outside of school showing potential leadership/sportsmanship or community involvement skills.
Conditions of Acceptance and renewal
1. The award of this scholarship is conditional on the student gaining entry to an AIS undergraduate degree programme.
2. Recipients must be enrolling in a full-time programme of study for three years.
3. This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other fees scholarship
4. First preference will be given to applicants who are in Year 13 who meet Entry
5. Annual renewal of the scholarships is conditional upon the student attaining a B
6. Students will be required to attend regular meetings with the Domestic Marketing
Team leader to ensure adequate levels of pastoral care.
7. The scholarship office has the power to immediately terminate or suspend a
scholarship if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the progress of a recipient from the Academic Heads of Programmes. Students will be expected to maintain a B grade average.
8. Students must make themselves available for Marketing/PR initiatives as required by AIS.
Applications must be received no later than 23rd January 2015.