Already know what you're looking for?

Where to study?

Hi. I want to study chemical and process engineering. I'm from Christchurch and I know that Canterbury University has a really good degree in this area, but I want to study away from home. Is Auckland uni as good in this field?


Asked 28 Mar 2013 by Justine F

Tagged with Chemical and Process Engineering


The Chemical and Process Engineering undergraduate degree programmes offered by the University of Auckland and University of Canterbury differ slightly.

At Canterbury, the degree focuses entirely on Chemical and Process Engineering - transforming raw materials into goods that are used everyday (e.g., milk into dairy products, crude oil into petrol or plastics).

Whereas, Auckland University also incorporates Materials engineering - studying the properties of materials such as strength and hardness (e.g., metals, ceramics, bio-materials).

Both universities offer great programmes. It's a matter of where you want to study.

Hope this helps,



Answered 28 Mar 2013 by Robert M

Hi Justine,

Massey University also offers a Chemical and Bioprocess engineering major in its four-year Bachelor of Engineering (honours) programme. This is available either at the Manawatu or Auckland (Albany) campuses. It's very project-based from year one.



Answered 5 Apr 2013 by Fraser B

You need to be logged in to answer questions. Please log in or sign up to continue.