Countdown is New Zealand's largest Supermarket chain, operating 174 stores and serving more than 2.7 million customers every week.
Our parent company Progressive Enterprises employs more than 18,000 New Zealanders, making it one of the country’s largest private employers.
At Countdown we're committed to providing our customers with choice, value and convenience, so that they enjoy the best possible shopping experience.
Working for Countdown isn't just about in-store opportunities. We're at the cutting edge of retail innovation, and this is supported by a reputable Manufacturing, Logistics and Corporate division including Construction, Property Management, Legal, IT, Finance, HR, Customer Service, Buying and Marketing.
Are you passionate about retail and providing exceptional customer service?
The successful candidates will have a true passion for customer service, will enjoy working as part of a team and will thrive in an environment where quality is at the heart of everything you do.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing customers with fast, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable service
• Answer customer queries and complaints in a courteous manner
• Cash handling
• Register transactions
• Working cooperatively in a team environment
• Ensure the health and safety of all store associates and customers
To be considered for this role applicants need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
• A passion for Customer service
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Ability to work flexible retail hours
• Work in a fast paced team environment
• Perform repetitive lifting or tasks
• Portray a positive attitude at all times
• Demonstrate clear written and verbal communications skills
• Previous experience in a customer service role would be beneficial
At Countdown, safety is a core value - countdown to zero is our mission of zero harm to our people, environment and community.
For more information about Countdown careers, visit http://www.countdown.co.nz/about-us/careers